Current Tenant FAQ’s
Our hours are 9:00-5:00 Monday-Friday
A maintenance call is an emergency if it occurs outside of normal office hours and cannot wait until the next business day. If you determine that a maintenance issue is an emergency, you can call the office and follow the prompts for “emergency maintenance”.
- If a lockout occurs during business hours, and if someone is in our office, you can come to the office and check out your key with an ID.
- If a lockout occurs after hours, you will need to call a locksmith.
Rent is due on the first of the month and is late after the fifth of the month unless your lease states otherwise.
- Rent can be paid online through the tenant portal.
- You can also set up a monthly recurring transaction online.
- Rent can also be mailed or brought to our office
- Please note that we are not responsible for late rental payments due to the speed of the mail system.
- No cash is allowed.
- If your lease is up and you do not plan to renew, please let us know your move-out date.
- If you’re renting month-to-month, you need to give 30 days’ notice from the first day of the next rental period.
- All notice should be given in writing.
- When you give notice to move, a letter with our move-out procedures will be sent to you.
There is no smoking allowed in apartments or condominiums or in the common hallways of those buildings. Smoking is allowed in houses but is subject to individual owners’ rules.
This policy applies to tenants on Austin Realty leases. Tenants that are not on an Austin Realty lease may have different provisions regarding smoking from a previous owner or manager.
Dogs are not allowed in apartments and condominiums [with the exception of service or support animals (see below)]. For properties that allow pets there is a one time non-refundable fee of $100 per pet as well as a refundable deposit of $250. A maximum number of four pets is allowed.
Service/Support Animal Policies:
Service Dogs: To have a service dog you must answer these questions and/or provide ADA documentation.
- Are you required to have this dog for your disability?
- What work or tasks is this dog trained to do?
Therapy/Companion/Support Animals: No barnyard animals or reptiles are allowed except for turtles. Documentation needs to be provided to allow something other than a common animal (ex. Miniature horse). If you have multiple animals, you must explain why there is something different about, or a different need for each animal.
Documentation may be required from the tenant’s doctor in regard to service dogs, and from a licensed therapist or counselor for a therapy animal. Online certifications, registrations, and/or licensed documents are not sufficient. Tenants may have to sign a document stating that what they are submitting is truthful and accurate.
Prospective Tenant FAQ’s
The application is $50 per person 18 years old or older or $50 for a married couple. This fee can be paid online at the time of application.
The application process takes 1-2 business days depending upon reference cooperation.
We are checking credit scores, legal history, criminal history, employment history, income, and rental history.
A lease term is a minimum 12 months but can be negotiated, especially to be longer in some cases.
Rent is due on the first of the month and late after the fifth of the month.
A security deposit is generally one months’ rent with a qualified application, but may be higher as determined by application.
- There is no smoking allowed in apartments or condominiums or the common hallways of those buildings.
- Smoking is allowed in houses but is subject to individual owners’ rules.
- This policy applies to tenants on Austin Realty leases. Tenants that are not on an Austin Realty lease may have different provisions regarding smoking from a previous owner or manager.
Our hours are 9:00-5:00 Monday-Friday.
No, we do not accept Section 8 vouchers or assistance unless mandated by the local jurisdiction.
We have been in business since 1995.
We provide marketing, leasing, rent collection, bill payment, maintenance (24/7), make-ready services, move-in and move-out services.
Yes, we are licensed in the state of Missouri.
We manage single family, multi-family, and small commercial properties.
Yes, we will do leasing only.
A management agreement is 12 months for an initial term and then month-to-month.
Yes, we have in-house maintenance.
We advertise listings on our website and all of the major leasing sites.
Our leasing agent or another employee shows our properties.
We will pay any bills associated with the propert(ies) including utilities, insurance, mortgage, and maintenance. Funds are required prior to payment.
No, owners cannot do their own maintenance.
You will receive your monthly reports within the first week of the following month. It takes three business days for a deposit to post.